At Wesley Medical Center, we believe volunteers are important and encourage Wichitians to give back to their community by volunteering at our hospitals or clinics.
Their dedicated service:
- Complements the work of nursing and other healthcare staff
- Provides patients and their families with support and comfort
- Reaffirms the basic tenet of healthcare of people helping people in need, simply because they care
Our volunteers aren’t just a part of our guest services department; they are part of the Wesley family. After a brief training period, volunteers are assigned tasks based on their areas of interest and our patients’ needs.
Volunteers may serve every day of the week for morning, afternoon or evening shifts.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Enjoying the satisfaction of helping others
- Making new friends
- Developing new interests
- Expanding your horizons
- Courtesy meal tickets for volunteers working four or more hours
- Free parking in the parking garage
Volunteers help in the following ways:
- Driving the Care-A-Van parking lot shuttle
- Assisting in the chaplain's office
- Cuddling tiny babies
- Providing information for families in the emergency room
- Greeting guests
- Delivering flowers
- Working in the gift shop
- Serving as a host or hostess in various areas
- Assisting families in waiting rooms and the Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Filing and answering phones
- Escorting patients
- Delivering patient mail
- Playing with or reading to children
Anyone interested in volunteering will need to attend a volunteer orientation session where they will be given information regarding our program and expectations. Please register for the information session by emailing Kari Bolton, Wesley volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only accept applications for those who attend the orientation session. We look forward to hearing from you!